Pages

Sunday 22 March 2015

Reflections: Cosmic lightning bolt




Ten years ago a cosmic lightning bolt struck through my energy system. It was 5th of April, 2005 and I was participating in a week long shamanic workshop in Scotland exploring my zodiac through shamanic journeying. On the last day the group did a procession to a power point where allegedly the energies of Venus connect with the core of the Earth. Already at the beginning of the procession I started feeling very weird, my energy body was expanding rapidly on its own accord and I could not make sense of what was happening. Simultaneously the feeling and the sensation was that my physical body was shrinking and getting weaker and weaker as the increased high voltage energy took hold of me. I had great difficulties following the procession getting up along the spiraling path to the top. Somewhere in my being I knew something substantial was going on and I tried to surrender, but some fear crept in as my ego fought and tried to understand the impossible. Finally at the top of the power point I collapsed and fell on my knees with my head to the ground just sobbing out of exhaustion and the shire power of the expansion, in great bewilderment and with excruciating pain all over my physical body. My energy field continued to expand further and I lost my outer sight, my consciousness partially leaving the body and within seconds or what seemed instantaneous I was transported into a blazing white light penetrating all layers of my being, also the physical body, all the way down to the bones. I was literally electrified with an enormous power as if struck by lightning.

The pain was unbearable, yet there was a sense of layered presence and somewhere a feeling of surrender and clarity, some part of me was saying it’s all right, just go with it. A strange telepathic transmission took place, scattering my world view forever through this all-encompassing experience. One of the things the blazing light was saying “this is who you are”, this is “who everybody is if only they knew”. I was muttering “you must have the wrong person, I’m not ready for this” but the light disagreed.

I literally thought I was dying, but after a while – I was told later by those around me that it was about 20 minutes – I started to feel the earth underneath my body again, my consciousness slowly returning. I was so weak I had to be helped down the path; my body had lost all its strength. My friends helped me inside the building, laid me on the floor and tucked me under a blanket, my body was shivering and ice cold. Someone brought Rescue Remedy and dropped a few drops under my tongue. A few hours later I was brought home and fell into my bed sleeping 30 hours in one go, trying to recover from what could only be described as a traumatic event for the body, the personality and my ego.

It took me months before I could start to make some initial sense (if that’s even possible) of what had happened to me. I wrote down the experience in order to ground it and help integrate. I did not speak to anyone about it; at the time I did not know who to turn to and somehow knew this was outside most people’s experience, even those on a spiritual path, at least those around me and that I would be quite alone in my exploration into what had happened to me. Eventually this pushed me into an extensive (slightly obsessive for some years, I can say now) study into the Esoteric Philosophies and Ageless Wisdom traditions of the world searching for a more grounded understanding into my nature in hope of some explanation to this lightning bolt. In the coming years the peak experiences continued although they were not as dramatic as the one I have described here, nevertheless I entered a period where my ego was scattered and all the conditioned ways in which I had identified with my personality were ripped apart, rendering a total redefining of my identity and my identification.

It has taken me many, many years (still work in progress) to integrate the shift and I’ve gone through stages of delusion and moments of inflated ego-aggrandizement to surrender to the Divine. I’ve learned that peak-experiences come and go and in-between we integrate and continue to “chop wood and carry water”. It is a continuing practice in surrender and humbleness in the face of the great mystery between the dance of the Divine Mother and the Divine Father.

A year after this event I withdrew for 2,5 years into seclusion to the Finnish country-side renting a cottage by the Baltic Sea with vast forests just behind the house. My nervous system was hyper and on high alert most of the time as I continued my study and meditation practice, which felt more like a process of downloading and remembering, I did hardly anything else, but I felt held, inspired and guided in my solitude. Thank God for the forest and its balancing quality on my energy field, it was so fiery and electric most of the time. Just outside my door there was a triangle of conifers, I used to sit under them, sometimes in the middle of the night, to help calm my energy body, they became important allies in my quest to connect and stay on Earth.

The cosmic bolt had ignited a partial kundalini awakening and since then I have been in a cosmic washing machine, its centrifugal spin, clearing and purifying my soul field. I understood fairly quickly that the kundalini awakening was partial because I was not fully incarnated in my physical body; the trunk to carry the electrical currents was not strong nor grounded enough. During these years of spiritual emergence I had a lot of pain in my body, my bones and my spine, sometimes it felt like my little house and I would go up in flames as even the house started sparkling with electrical currents.

To get myself fully into my body has been a process of putting the “genie back into the bottle” and for the body and the personality this has not always been easy, but finally after about 9 years since this burning ground was ignited by the lightning bolt I can say I have arrived home to the core of the Divine Mother and her nurturing primordial darkness without losing track of the light of the Divine Father. The pain is gone, the currents of my energies flow now more evenly above and below and my heart has expanded remarkably.
In the process I lost my outer financial security and my worldly belongings but gained my sanity, humanity and divinity. I am forever grateful.

“The shock throughout all realms is a Call for the realization of harmony, cooperation and of unity”.

"Beloved Cosmic Mother & Father, if I ever forget that I am your beloved, please find a way to remind me - thank you!"



No comments:

Post a Comment